The main reason is that this is the official name of the Degree.
What is its objective?
Transparency in its actions is one of the fundamental principles to which ANECA has to pay attention in its work. Thus, informing about the characteristics of the Bachelor, Master and PhD degrees for which ANECA has issued an evaluation report and the meaning (and consequences) of this is an essential task to which, logically, special attention is paid.
In accordance with the Criteria and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG), which state that "detailed expert reports should be made public in a clear and accessible manner to the academic community, external partners and any other interested parties", ANECA intends to provide all stakeholders, and in particular students (prospective and current), with transparent information on the results of the assessments of the official bachelor, master and doctoral degrees it has carried out and the reports on which these results are based, through this search engine.
This tool offers general information about the degrees (name, university, number of credits, mode of delivery, etc.) and allows you to consult the evaluation reports that ANECA has generated during the verification phases for initial accreditation, monitoring and renewal of accreditation through which any official bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree taught at a Spanish university must pass.
What makes you different from others?
- The "Search" tab allows you to search for titles using both "keywords" and "career opportunities" as criteria. Combined searches can be carried out, for example, "mathematics Granada" or "company manager" or "information systems manager" or ...
- The "List of degrees" tab allows a more focused search by type of degree (e.g. bachelor's or master's degree), by university, etc.
What will you be able to see when you view a title?
In addition to the assessment reports of the different phases of a degree (verification, monitoring and renewal of accreditation), a summary information sheet is included on the characteristics of the degree in question at the time it was registered in the repository. Among the details that can be found on this sheet are the following:
It is important for you to know:
- Type: Bachelor's or Master's degree or Doctorate.
- Branch of knowledge to which it has been assigned (in Bachelor's and Master's degrees).
- University(ies) and Centre(s) where it is taught.
- Public or private nature of the university providing it.
- Number of credits.
- Distribution of credits according to their typology: basic, compulsory, optional, external placements and assignment of credits to the bachelor's or master's degree final project.
- Regulated profession to which it leads (if any).
- Adaptation course for graduates of the previous university system (if available).
- Modes of delivery: face-to-face, blended or distance learning.
- Languages of instruction. [new]
It is important to know…
When a university wishes to initiate the implementation of a new official bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree, it must submit the corresponding application to the Council of Universities. This is the beginning of the so-called verification process, which includes the evaluation by ANECA (or another quality assessment agency) of the so-called verification report where the university describes the characteristics of the degree (study plan, access and admission rules, human resources, etc.). After the verification process, the implementation of the degree requires authorisation by the Autonomous Community, followed by its inclusion in the Register of Universities, Centres and Degrees (RUCT).
Once the degree has been implemented, ANECA (or another quality assessment agency) carries out periodic monitoring in order to assess how the implementation of the degree is being carried out. This is called the monitoring process.
Finally, as indicated in our university teaching regulations, initial accreditation must be renewed periodically. Also at this stage, evaluation by ANECA (or another quality assessment agency) is required.
In relation to the above, this search engine offers you the opportunity to consult the ANECA evaluation reports resulting from the aforementioned processes of verification, monitoring and renewal of accreditation. The evaluation reports of other regional agencies are not available here.